AniMaC (Anime and Manga Club)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Altitude sickness in Vail, CO?

Go down

Altitude sickness in Vail, CO? Empty Altitude sickness in Vail, CO?

Post by mirsha2012 Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:47 pm

I moved to Boulder, CO elevation ~5,300 feet from sea level about 4 and a half months ago. I feel mostly acclimated except that stairs are sometimes a challenge. I can run on a treadmill for 40 minutes and feel fine (slightly out of breath) but stairs still get me sometimes. Anyway, I want to go to the Spring back to Vail festival next weekend, but I know Vail is at 8,000ish feet. I have a minor heart condition which made visiting Denver a little difficult (headache, slight nausea and pounding racing heartbeat) before moving, but am hoping since I am okay at 5,000 that 8,000 won't be that much more of a challenge. Am I wrong to think this?

Is it likely I'll have issues? Should I wait to book a hotel in case I need to go home that night? Thanks for any input. I know elevation sickness can start around 7,000 feet but since I'm already adjusted to 5,000 I'm wondering if that should help.

_________

Heating Vail Colorado

mirsha2012
Official Junior AniMaC Member
Official Junior AniMaC Member

Female
Number of posts : 190
Favorite Anime character: : nokia
Power HP :
Altitude sickness in Vail, CO? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Altitude sickness in Vail, CO? Right_bar_bleue

AniMaC's forum points : 584
Registration date : 2011-10-03

Back to top Go down