AniMaC (Anime and Manga Club)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enable file download from webserver WITHOUT HTML

2 posters

Go down

Enable file download from webserver WITHOUT HTML Empty Enable file download from webserver WITHOUT HTML

Post by jamesscot84 Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:36 pm

This might sound daft but here goes...

I want to place a file on a webserver for users to download but I do not have a website, so there is no HTML, no pages, just a few folders. I want to place this file in a secure/non-browsable folder and provide my users a link to it so they can just download the file straight to their PC.

I have tried using FileZilla and now have folders under WWW, and under the root of my ftp site but whatever I do I cannot work out how to make the file accessible. I just want the users to be able to click a link within an email and it will let them download the file.

I would greatly appreciate some guidance on this.
Web Design

jamesscot84
Professional AniMaC Member
Professional AniMaC Member

Male
Number of posts : 597
Favorite Anime character: : mickey mouse
Power HP :
Enable file download from webserver WITHOUT HTML Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Enable file download from webserver WITHOUT HTML Right_bar_bleue

AniMaC's forum points : 1743
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Enable file download from webserver WITHOUT HTML Empty Re: Enable file download from webserver WITHOUT HTML

Post by mclouis111 Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:14 pm

With the hope of a better future, Hispanics went to the United States and took with them their dreams, their customs and their language. The necessity to communicate grew more and more, therefore, they had to learn English. Whith confusions, assimilations and customs they mixed English and Spanish, consequently causing Spanglish. Today, we can find Spanglish almost everywhere, it has become a way to speak, a language of controversy and a different style of communication.

=================
Assignments

mclouis111
Official Junior AniMaC Member
Official Junior AniMaC Member

Male
Number of posts : 146
Favorite Anime character: : poppoy
Power HP :
Enable file download from webserver WITHOUT HTML Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Enable file download from webserver WITHOUT HTML Right_bar_bleue

AniMaC's forum points : 396
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down