AniMaC (Anime and Manga Club)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Learning Japanese

+15
Ngin
lichgriffin@yahoo.com
suikokaizoku
Eclair
Irony
Te-chan
kenshiu
Sa~cHan
.:Shinigami:.
Gaijin
house88kend
Ranz
~J3ffr3ytjw~
serenethevampire
AniMaC Admin
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Learning Japanese - Page 3 Empty Re: Learning Japanese

Post by Ngin Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:38 am

ok. i'll give ACTIONS this time. i'll give the dictionary form of the word and give a bit of phrasing ^.^ [yuri likes phrases.. lol and i'm bad with this >.<]

[main words are bolded[kanji words]. why? is explained in the post above]
to fly = tobu
to jump = tobu
to climb = noboru
to run = hashiru
to swim = oyogu
to dive = moguru
to dive into = tobikomu
to stand upside down = sakadachi suru
to crawl = hau
to kick = keru < not in kanji
to wave = furu
to lift = mochi ageru
to throw = nageru < na is in kanji
to pat = tataku
to pull = hiku
to push = osu
to bend = mageru < ma is in kanji
to extend = obasu
to fall down = korobu
to look back [at] = furi muku

ok.. a bit of explaination. what is dictionary form and why is it call so.
dictionary form is like the correct, actual word for it. no grammar or any tenses added into. Why it's call dictionary form is because if you want to look for a word in the dictionary, you'll have to look for this type of writing. nothing added to change the word. confused? lol

ok.. how to use it. lets use the word hashiru means to run.

if your are running, it'll be hashirimasu < notice that there are no changes to the bold words but the ru became ri and masu is added.
- why ri and not ru? cause it's a grammar thing that i can't explain.
- masu is a grammar added behind to know what tense it is. masu is something like right now, or something you are doing, or something you will do [it's really hard to explain. need to get used to using the word in order to know how to use it].

if you ran, it will be hashirimashita. < ru is changed to ri. and masu is changed to mashita.
- ri not ru is explained above.
-mashita is the past tense for masu.

hashiru can be also used without any grammar added or whatsoever.
eg. 'let's run!' in jap, it will only be 'hashiru!' [all in speaking style]
- [sorry i can't really explain this. but i'll fiure it out. when i do so, i'll edit and post it in here.]

so basically is, all words in jap[ expect for n and adj] has a main word, then grammar and phrasing will make is sound different. [with different forms]
Ngin
Ngin
Official Junior AniMaC Member

Female
Number of posts : 174
Ambition: : musician wannabe
Favorite Anime character: : all evil bishies you can find! < as long as they are bishies, they don't have to be evil tho.. heheh
Power HP :
Learning Japanese - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue270 / 100270 / 100Learning Japanese - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

AniMaC's forum points : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by ¥uri $hinichi Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:16 pm

Ngin wrote:yuri> thanks ^.^ i'm currently trying to translate manga but it's kinda hard actually. cause i know what they are sayin in jap, but i can't phrase it in english @.@ i've only done a few pages and i'm going crazy.

oh.. i dun have a cert. as well ya know. it's only a proficiency exam. and the lower lv summore >.< i noob.

i dun really like phrasing cause i'm not really good at it either. i'm fixing my phrasing as well.

as for your question, the correct word is supposed to be onaka ga sukimashita means i'm hungry. and onaka ga ippai desu for i'm full.

the main word here is su. su and add the tense.

Ngin, anata wa sugoi ne!!! I read once online the Japanese manga..n..NONE of them communicate with me I know how to generate it if I understand them, maybe next time v can cooperate Embarassed . I mostly read the Chinese version (LAMON publisher is the BEST, demo zannen nagara, it hardly be found in bookshop n sometimes unavailable too).

For the question I asked previously, I haven’t heard the phrase u gave before (so abstract to me, wakaranai). I checked it when back home (after I posted that day) n guessed maybe I heard wrongly, it suppose to be onaka ga suita (quote from Colin Dictionary), the one I mentioned onaka ga suite is from Rosetta Stone. It is a language learning software – unlike learning thru anime, must have patient I got do some notes for its lesson but my progress is slow cuz it’ll be boring for me to learn it if I cannot apply instantly or relate to my reality experience. I only continue it whenever ANIME force me to do so (not ghost who urge me, it’s automatically every time I finished a series of anime cuz I wish I could understand it by just listening n not refer to the subtitle). That’s y ANIME plays an important role in my life, it encourages me to lead a better life n advance myself like those anime characters! Tanoshii ne!! ANIME TO MANGA WA DAISUKI DESU!!!
¥uri $hinichi
¥uri $hinichi

Female
Number of posts : 204
Ambition: : Tranlator for anime and manga (100% job satisfaction, can't let my mom know)... but not yet master J
Favorite Anime character: : Kudo Shinichi, Shibuya Yuri, ... countless
Power HP :
Learning Japanese - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue270 / 100270 / 100Learning Japanese - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-26

http://hi.baidu.com/yuri_reverie

Back to top Go down

Post by ¥uri $hinichi Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:43 pm

Omachidoosama! I derive them myself, if u have your comment, do response to it, I’m just self-learning like u all who read this forum.

Vocab (can be found in the former post I made):

Omachidoosama - I’m sorry to have kept you waiting (hope u all won’t think I’m thick face to say like this way paiseh )

Demo – but

Zannen nagara - regretfully; zannen – regret {when I saw its kanji ‘残念’ in manga, I was wondering at that time why the character felt hopeless, now I knew}

Wakaranai - I don’t understand

Onaka ga suita / suite – [to be] hungry (can omit the pronoun in speech if u r talking about yourself)
For full sentence: They are hungry = Karera wa onaka ga suite imasu.
So if: They are not hungry = Karera wa onaka ga suite imasen.
Unless u want to say: They are full = Karera wa onaka ga ippai desu.

Tanoshii – happy
This word also appears in the speech at the end of episode 9 of Vampire Knight (translated as how fun), I kept listening to it over n over again (HAUNTED ME NOW!) since I haven’t downloaded its theme songs n only can listen repeatedly by pointing over the scroll to the movie screen. For those who read my previous post may know how I can still bear the haunted voice ‘Tanoshii’. I just can’t resist the temptation for song that following after the word Very Happy For updated info, I JUST DOWNLOADED IT TO MY JUNE PLAYLIST!!! KYAA~

Ohisashiburi desu ne – Long time no see
This is the first long phrase I learnt in my Japanese lesson (not including greeting phrase). My sensei told to repeat it for 13 times then you’ll remember it.

This my first time post lesson here, if not good then I'll improve it next time..
¥uri $hinichi
¥uri $hinichi

Female
Ambition: : Tranlator for anime and manga (100% job satisfaction, can't let my mom know)... but not yet master J
Power HP :

Back to top Go down

Post by ¥uri $hinichi Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:29 pm

Different State of Happiness

Just like in English we have see, stare, glare, glance,… Below are different terms to describe happy:

Shiawase – blissful, contentment

Tanoshii – in a cheerful way, something fun

Ureshii – pleasing, a state of mind (Fruit Basket theme song starts with this word o)

Yorokonde – to express that people is/are happy to do something (can be adjective and verb, but here I only give example for adjective usage)
e.g. [The] man and [the] dog are happy [for being together]. – otokonoko to inu wa yorokonde imasu. [I added in order to make its meaning clearer]
¥uri $hinichi
¥uri $hinichi

Female
Power HP :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ngin Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:32 am

Occupations

[i've saperated the words cause it's in kanji]
company employee - kai shya in
civil servant - kou mu in
station clerk - eki in
bank clerk - gin kou in
postman - you bin kyouku in
shop clerk - ten in
cook - chyou ri shi
barber - ri you shi
beautician - bi you shi
teacher - kyou shi
lawyer - ben go shi
research worker - ken kyou shya
doctor - i shya
nurse - kan go fu
driver - un ten shya
policeman - kei satsu kan
deplomat - gai kou kan
politician - sei ji ka
painter - ga ka
auther - sak-ka [used '-' cause small 'tsu' is used between 2 kanji
musician - on gaku ka
architect - ken chiku ka
engineer - enjinia [katakana]
designer - dizaina- ['-' to prolong the sound; katakana]
journalist - jya-narisuto [same as above]
singer - ka shu
actor - hai yuu
athlete - supo-tsu sen syu [supo-tsu in katakana]
Ngin
Ngin

Female
Favorite Anime character: : all evil bishies you can find! < as long as they are bishies, they don't have to be evil tho.. heheh
Power HP :

Back to top Go down

Post by kagetori Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:42 pm

thank you to all the senseis
ippai de benkyou shimasu
kagetori
kagetori
Senior AniMaC Fan
Senior AniMaC Fan

Female
Number of posts : 92
Favorite Anime character: : Gin, Hidan, Itachi, Sasori, Soul, Death the Kid, Mishiba Toki, Saitoh Kazuo, Kazuki, ......
Power HP :
Learning Japanese - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue500 / 100500 / 100Learning Japanese - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

AniMaC's forum points : 3
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Animeotaku_san Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:21 am

yay!!! a source to learn JAPANESE!!!! ^^ Very Happy Surprised
Animeotaku_san
Animeotaku_san
Official Senior AniMaC Member
Official Senior AniMaC Member

Male
Number of posts : 285
Location: : Subang Jaya, Selangor (Home), CURRENTLY in UCSI Hostel, South Wing
Ambition: : Composer(both classical, game & anime soundtracks), Conductor, Musician, Full-Time Otaku, and most o
Favorite Anime character: : Haruhi Suzumiya, Kimihiro Watanuki, Malin(KOF '03), Sunako Nakahara, Negi Springfield
Power HP :
Learning Japanese - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue98 / 10098 / 100Learning Japanese - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

What mood are you? : Super Busy
User : Learning Japanese - Page 3 Window10
AniMaC's forum points : 9
Registration date : 2008-09-10

http://profiles.friendster.com/animeotakusan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ngin Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:25 am

kagetori wrote:thank you to all the senseis
ippai de benkyou shimasu

it's ippai benkyou shimashita <past tense ^^

dun mind if i correct it right?
Ngin
Ngin

Female
Power HP :

Back to top Go down

Post by MinMin Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:25 am

Many interesting Japanese stuff here, yeah finally I can learn Japanese!
MinMin
MinMin
AniMaC Starterz
AniMaC Starterz

Female
Number of posts : 23
Favorite Anime character: : Otaku
Power HP :

Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3